WE HAVE THREE POSITIONS VACANT
We are seeking three new consumer advisors to join Asthma Australia’s Consumer Advisory Council.
The Consumer Advisory Council’s purpose is to:
- Represent the interests of people with asthma and their carers
- Enable representation from priority population groups
- Inform and have oversight of the Asthma Australia Consumer Engagement Strategy
- Provide recommendations into aspects of Asthma Australia’s work including but not limited to; the Strategic Plan, the National Research Framework, program design and delivery, marketing, communications and engagement, fundraising, and the identification and prioritisation of advocacy issues
Who are we seeking?
We strive to represent the community we are here to serve. We are seeking to expand the diversity of the Consumer Advisory Council and encourage the people to apply who;
- identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- are from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- live in regional or remote areas
- have young children with asthma
- have severe asthma and are participating in a clinical trial
Additionally, we are looking for consumer representation in all the jurisdictions we operate across Australia and therefore would love to have one or two members from Queensland.
We currently hold six meetings a year will with one requiring possible interstate travel and the others will be held via video conference and teleconference. A training and orientation day will also be held prior to the first meeting and this may also require interstate travel.
Members will be entitled to reimbursement for reasonable travel, accommodation, and other expenses incurred when travelling to or from Council meetings, or when engaged on other business for Asthma Australia.
How to apply
You can view our Consumer Engagement Strategy and Terms of Reference here, and if you would like to join us and help shape the future for people with asthma, please submit the Expression of Interest Form below.
Expressions of Interest submissions will close at 5:00 pm (AEST) Friday 14 August 2020. For any queries, please email Sally Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9018 0526.