WELCOME TO YOUR ASTHMA WINTER CARE PACK
Many people experience an increase in asthma symptoms and find their asthma harder to control during winter.
We hope this asthma Winter Care Pack helps you to stay well with your asthma this winter.
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER THIS WINTER
DO YOU HAVE A WRITTEN ASTHMA ACTION PLAN?
A written Asthma Action Plan can help you manage your asthma every day and help you to recognise when your asthma is getting worse. Your doctor can complete or update your written Asthma Action Plan to ensure your asthma is controlled throughout winter.
CHECK YOUR ASTHMA SCORE WITH OUR CONTROL TEST
You can take the Asthma Control Test to work out your asthma score or level of asthma control. Even if you think your asthma is under control, knowing your Asthma Score is important and can help your doctor determine how to best manage your asthma.
WATCH ONE OF OUR ASTHMA SPACER AND PUFFER VIDEO TUTORIALS
- How to use a Spacer and Puffer – 1 breath technique - most common for adults in daily use
- How to use a Spacer and Puffer – 4 breath technique - used by children or anyone when breathless
- How to use a puffer
- Asthma First Aid Hero
Want to learn more about specific device techniques? Find more information about devices including Autohaler, Accuhaler, Turbuhaler, Ellipa, Respimat and Spiromax, as well as how to use them here.
DOWNLOAD ONE OF OUR APPS TO HELP MANAGE YOUR ASTHMA
Visit our apps page to find out more about our three great asthma apps you can download to help manage your asthma from your smartphone:
- Asthma App – The Asthma App aims to assist people with asthma in their self-management steps.
- Asthma First Aid App - The Asthma First Aid app is your go-to tool for an asthma emergency.
- Kiss My Asthma App - The Kiss My Asthma app was developed by young people for young people. It gives you digital access to your written Asthma Action Plan, symptom and mood trackers, goal setting, reminders, and more.
HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Call 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462) to speak to an Asthma Educator.
1800 ASTHMA operates between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, or you can book a call online and one of our Asthma Educators will call you back as soon as next available.
JOIN ASTHMA ASSIST
Asthma Assist is our free asthma information service, it is a program designed to assist you in better managing your asthma.
REFER A FRIEND ASTHMA ASSIST
Do you have family and friends affected by asthma? Ask them to sign up for Asthma Assist , so they can get support to manage asthma too.
TO READ OUR LATEST BLOGS ON WINTER AND ASTHMA