Based on current Australian guidelines, this activity covers best practice diagnostic and management principles for asthma, strategies for preventative care and reducing the risk of hospitalisation, and real-world tips for making the most of your consultation time with a patient.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Recognise and manage the total impact of asthma on patients.
- Promote self-efficacy and patient centeredness by empowering asthma patients.
- Respond appropriately to the main factors contributing to challenging asthma control.
- Produce tailored written action plans for patients.
- Systematically apply processes for diagnosing and treating asthma with greater confidence.
ALM | Hours: 6 | RACGP: 40pts | ACRRM: 7hrs