This is one module of the Asthma in Australia series of education, which is also available as the 6-hour Accredited CPD Activity Asthma in Australia: Practical solutions for challenges in primary care.
This module explores the key barriers to adherence for your asthma patients, and presents strategies to manage these challenges based on current Australian guidelines. Participants will be able to access practical resources designed to help create a written asthma action plan for your patients, as well as tips on how to make the most of your consultation time with a patient.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to implement a tailored, personalised approach to medical treatment planning.
- Produce tailored written action plans.
- Explain how a tailored approach to medical treatment planning enhances adherence and reduces the risk of a patient being hospitalised for poor asthma control.
- Identify common barriers to adherence in asthma patients, and describe resources and strategies for addressing these challenges.
- Apply Australian guidelines for adjusting asthma medications to determine appropriate management based on a patient’s level of asthma control and their treatment adherence.
Hours: 1 | RACGP: 2pts | ACRRM: 1hr