We recently welcomed our new Chief Operations Officer, Doris Whitmore to the team. Get to know her better below.
1. Describe yourself in a few sentences.
“Strong family values passionate about helping communities and individuals be the best they can be. I am excited about life and the opportunities that exist to make the world a better place for the next generation.”
2. What is your position at Asthma Australia?
Chief Operating Officer
3. Describe what you do at Asthma Australia
I work closely with the CEO and the Leadership Team to drive the successful execution of the Asthma Australia Strategy through cross organisation operational plans, enabled by technology and efficient processes.
4. What is your favourite thing about your job/work?
The people. I am enjoying working with clever, courageous and passionate people on delivering the exciting change agenda.
5. What would we find you doing on a day off…
Cooking up a storm to share with family and friends.
6. What’s your guilty pleasure
Fashion – design, creation, wearing it and donating it to those let fortunate.
7. Any book or show recommendations
The Crimson Petal and the White – by Michael Faber. Read this a long time ago but I haven’t been able to forget the number of social issues that were highlighted in that book. Not for everyone though.