Health professional resources
The National Asthma Council Australia’s Australian Asthma Handbook provides national guidelines for asthma and its management. The handbook is developed and published by the National Asthma Council Australia.
You can find our relevant health professional facing resources below.
Asthma Action Plans
Every person with asthma should have an Asthma Action Plan (AAP) in writing. It should be followed every day.
- Asthma Action Plan
- Victorian Schools Asthma Action Plan – Bricanyl Turbuhaler
- Victorian Schools Asthma Action Plan – Puffer and Spacer
- Victorian Schools Asthma Action Plan – Puffer Alone
Asthma Consult Checklists
Our consult checklist take health professionals through the required steps of action for each asthma patient visit:
- New diagnosis – Asthma Consult Checklist – Use this checklist if you suspect your patient has asthma
- Flare-up – Asthma Consult Checklist – Use this checklist to manage non-emergency flare ups
- Review – Asthma Consult Checklist – Use this checklist to conduct an asthma review in 15 minutes
Refer your patients over three years old to Asthma Australia, and they will receive free support from trained Asthma Educators via our 1800 ASTHMA phone service.
- Online referral form
- Asthma Australia Referral Service Form – Print Version
- Best Practice Referral Template
- Medical Director Referral Template
Find a list of Australian Respiratory labs here.
Visit the Centre for Severe Asthma – Severe Asthma Toolkit for information on severe asthma, diagnosis, management and medications.
For information specific to COVID-19 and severe asthma see our severe asthma guides below.
- Severe Asthma Guide – continuity of biologic (MAb) – based care (COVID-19) for Health Professionals
- Severe Asthma Guide – continuity of biologic (MAb) – based care (COVID-19) for Pharmacists