Asthma Australia seeks to find answers to the significant questions and challenges facing Australians with asthma.
COVID-19 vaccine and asthma
Asthma Australia strongly supports the COVID-19 vaccination program being rolled out in Australia.
People with asthma, including people with severe asthma, should feel confident about accessing these vaccines alongside other Australians.
Read more about the COVID-19 vaccine and asthma here.
View our COVID-19 vaccine and asthma FAQs here.
Impact of COVID-19 on Asthma Study
During the first outbreak of COVID-19, Asthma Australia sought to answer the question that was worrying many people with asthma and their families; am I more at risk of acquiring COVID-19? Should I self-isolate? And if I get it, will I die?
Through our National Research Fund, Asthma Australia commissioned a study to look at the Impact of COVID-19 on Asthma, completed by the George Institute for Global Health.
View the full report here and access additional COVID-19 and asthma-related information below.
LATEST INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
The World Health Organisation declared COVID-19 a global pandemic in March 2020 due to its rapid spread throughout the world. Find more information below about the current COVID-19 situation in Australia and your local state or territory.
We know the asthma community has also faced significant uncertainties as to the outbreak in Australia unfolded. Find answers to your common concerns in the COVID-19 and asthma section.
- For the latest information on COVID-19 from the Australian Government, click here
- Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080
- Relevant state and territory advice and updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), click on your relevant area below
- For COVID-19 (Coronavirus) resources in languages other than English, click here
- Download the Australian Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) app here.