Who should do this course?
Asthma First Aid for Schools training is designed for use by all school staff. Asthma can occur at any time in any place – we advise that all staff with a duty of care for students do this course so they can provide Asthma First Aid if faced with an emergency asthma attack. This includes teachers, ancillary staff, volunteers, relievers and school leadership.
Asthma First Aid for Schools may be of particular interest for school staff:
- that are across teaching, administrative support and coaching roles
- in remote areas where face-to-face training is not accessible
- who want to refresh their Asthma First Aid knowledge
- who have newly enrolled students with asthma
This package does not meet ACECQA legislative requirements for early childhood education and care settings. Please contact your local Asthma Australia for information about this training on 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462) or email us here.
Expected time to complete course: Approximately 1 hour
Currency: Valid for three years
Recognition: Certificate of completion
- Closed caption (CC) is available if wanting to read rather than listen to the audio
- Modules are followed by quizzes to reinforce key messages
- Return to the home page to exit the course at the end of a module to resume when next convenient
Troubleshooting: Contact the course provider via the Help Desk tab for online support. You can also email your problem to firstname.lastname@example.org