Asthma Australia has developed three apps to assist people with asthma and their carers.
Find out more about why we created each app, how it can help you, and where to download it.
Based on the popular Health Professional Flipchart, Asthma App aims to assist people with asthma in their self-managements steps.
The Asthma App provides easy access to:
- the latest asthma information
- asthma medication and devices
- device technique videos
- asthma action plans
- asthma first aid steps
- National Asthma Council, Australia. The Australian Asthma Handbook (2019) clinical guidelines
Health Professionals can refer patients to our Patient Education Referral Service for additional support directly from the app.
Asthma Australia would like to acknowledge the Christopher van Leeuwen Foundation. The Foundation raised $30,000 in donations, with support from The Green Shed Canberra, to give Australians better access to the Asthma App.
Improving access to lifesaving asthma information is especially important to the van Leeuwen family who lost their beloved son and brother, Christopher, from an asthma attack in the 1967.
Asthma First Aid App
The Asthma First Aid App is your go-to tool for an asthma emergency. It covers both first aid in the event of an asthma emergency, plus the ability to review each of the four first aid steps.
This app is an educational tool developed by Asthma Australia for people with asthma, their families and carers. It provides easy access to the asthma first aid steps in both live and training versions.
The app is perfect for family, friends, school, childcare, sport and recreation and allows you to:
- follow the asthma first aid steps live in ATTACK mode
- learn the asthma first aid steps in training review mode
- review the asthma first aid steps, using a sample of scenarios, in training scenario mode
Kiss my Asthma
The app features:
- access to your Asthma Action Plan
- the ability to track your asthma symptoms, severity and attacks, making it easy to inform your doctor or specialist accurately about your asthma
- mood tracker
- setting goals and receive support from one of the app’s monster assistants
- reminders to take your asthma preventer medications
- Asthma First Aid instructions and emergency contacts
- finding out more about asthma, asthma medications and devices, and managing anxiety
The Kiss My Asthma App, through the Asthma Management Program, received funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.
Other recommended apps
If smoke or poor air quality is among your asthma triggers, we recommend downloading the AirRater app.
AirRater is a free, award-winning smartphone app that was developed by a team at the University of Tasmania. The app is designed to help people with asthma, hay fever or other lung conditions to better manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.
AirRater does this by providing easily accessible, real-time and local information on key environmental triggers of asthma, such as bushfire smoke. It also allows you to track symptoms and identify which conditions impact your health. The app will also send you alerts when the air quality is poor, helping you understand when you need to take action.
The app is already available in Tasmania and the ACT, where it is supporting over 10,000 users to better manage their health.
With NT Government funding, it is now freely available across the Northern Territory.
The app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store, or Google Play for Android devices. Click here to find out more about AirRater app and download.