Welcome to your Asthma Toolkit
At Asthma Australia, we know that asthma is complex – it is different for each person – and we want to give you the tools to better manage your asthma or the asthma in someone you care for.
Where do I start? Here is a handy list for you to go through:
- Download an Asthma Action Plan and share it with your doctor to complete or update
- Visit your Asthma Library below
- Download the online Asthma Control Test and find out your asthma score, share this with your doctor
- Watch our tutorial and technique videos
YOUR WRITTEN ASTHMA ACTION PLAN
Everyone should have a written Asthma Action Plan. An action plan can help you manage your asthma every day and help you to recognise when your asthma is getting worse. Your doctor can complete or update your written Asthma Action Plan to ensure your asthma is controlled.
Find out more at http://asthma.org.au/about-asthma/live-with-asthma/asthma-action-plan/
YOUR ASTHMA LIBRARY
WHAT’S YOUR ASTHMA SCORE?
You can take the Asthma Control Test to work out your asthma score or level of asthma control. Even if you think your asthma is under control, knowing your Asthma Score is important and can help your doctor determine how to best manage your asthma.
Check out your asthma score today
YOUR VIDEO PLAYLIST
- How to use a Spacer and Puffer – 1 breath technique - most common for adults in daily use
- How to use a Spacer and Puffer – 4 breath technique - used by children or anyone when breathless
- How to use a puffer
- Asthma First Aid Hero
Find more specific device technique video’s here including, Autohaler, Accuhaler, Turbuhaler, Ellipa, Respimat, and Spiromax
YOUR APP DOWNLOAD LIST
Visit our apps page to find out more about our two great asthma apps you can download to help manage your asthma from your smart phone:
- Asthma First Aid App - The Asthma First Aid app is your go-to tool for an asthma emergency.
- Kiss My Asthma App - The Kiss My Asthma app was developed by young people for young people. It gives you digital access to your written Asthma Action Plan, symptom and mood trackers, goal setting, reminders and more.
HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Visit www.asthma.org.au for more info on asthma.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT ASTHMA?
If you have any questions regarding your asthma or managing asthma in someone you care for, call 1800 ASTHMA (1800 278 462) to speak with one of our Asthma Educators. 1800 ASTHMA operates between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, or you can book a call.
REFER A FRIEND
Do you have family and friends affected by asthma? Ask them to sign up for Asthma Assist , so they can get support to manage asthma too.