The house dust mite gets its name from where it likes to live – household dust. The skin flakes in indoor dust are the main food that dust mites eat.
Dust mites are tiny insects that are hard to see with your eyes. They are less than half a millimetre in length, with an oval-shaped body and no wings. They can live for around 2 months or so, depending on the conditions. It is the protein found in dust mite’s droppings that you may be allergic to.
If you are allergic to dust mites, try your best to reduce your exposure to them. It can be hard to avoid dust mites completely, but you can lessen your risk by taking the steps in the link below.
Click here to learn more about allergen minimisation