Respimat is the device that delivers an add-on asthma medicine called Spiriva.
- The device works by pressing the dose button at the same time as taking a slow and deep breath in.
- This inhaler casing can be reused up to 5 times, so ask your pharmacist to show you how to load and remove the cartridge.
How to look after a Respimat
- Before first use, ask your pharmacist to load the cartridge for you and supervise you loading your own device.
- Always keep it dry and closed when not in use. The outer case of the Respimat can now be re-used up to 5 times.
- Avoid breathing into the Respimat.
- Clean at least once a week by wiping the mouthpiece – including the metal part inside the mouthpiece – with a clean, damp cloth or tissue only.
- Do not remove the metal cartridge until it’s empty.
- Do not shake.
How can I tell when a Respimat is empty?
There are 60 puffs (30 doses) of medication in a Respimat. The Respimat device has a dose counter which indicates exactly how many doses remain in the device.
The Respimat also has a device tracking indicator so you know how many times you’ve reloaded your device and when you will need a new casing.
HOW TO USE A RESPIMAT